One of our favorite meals to do while camping is foil dinners. It’s easy, everyone gets what they want, and there’s almost no clean up!
Veggies, any kind, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
Meat: ground beef works well
Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, etc.
Foil baking tins (like you’d make meatloaf or banana bread in)
1. Butter up your foil tin w/ butter or Pam. (Use butter…it’s just better.) Don’t worry about being clean; the more butter, the better.
2. Cut up your veggies and put them in the tin.
3. Take a hand-full of ground beef, and separate it into bite size pieces and sprinkle over veggies.
4. Add your seasonings, a few more pats of butter to the top, wrap w/ tin foil, scratch your name on the top (*or write w/ Sharpie if you remember one) and put over the campfire.
5. I’m not sure how long it takes, but maybe ~45 minutes. You just want to make sure your meat is cooked and potatoes are not hard.
Warning: foil tin will be steaming hot when you cut open the tin foil, so be careful!