This recipe is from www.chow.com
We had this w/ friends a few years ago, and it’s still a go-to dinner side! And, in corn and tomato season…it’s a perfect addition to any meal!
- 5 cups sweet white corn kernels, from 7 to 8 medium cobs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10-ounce container cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add corn kernels and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in the ice water bath until cool, about 4 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large nonreactive bowl. While continuously whisking, add oil in a steady stream until completely incorporated. Add remaining ingredients and cooled corn and toss until well coated. Serve.