Greg loves this chili recipe! It’s from http://www.food.com/recipe/firehouse-chili-46596
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef ( for the diet concious you can also use ground turkey)
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 5 1/2 ounces tomato juice
- Heat oil in a large pot. Brown together ground beef, onion and garlic; drain well.
- Add all the spices along with the Ro-tel tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and tomato juice. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 1/2 hour uncovered and 1-1/2 hours covered. (If too thick you can add additional tomato juice or water).